Thursday, July 18, 2013

Review ~ Green-eyed Demon by Jaye Wells

Goodreads Synopsis:

Things to do:


1. Rescue sister.
2. Murder grandmother.
3. Don't upset the voodoo priestess.

The clock is ticking for Sabina Kane. Her sister has been kidnapped by her grandmother, the Dark Races are on the brink of war, and a mysterious order is manipulating everyone behind the scenes.

Working on information provided by an unlikely ally, Sabina and her trusty sidekicks--a sexy mage named Adam Lazarus and Giguhl, a Mischief demon--head to New Orleans to begin the hunt for her sister. Once there, they must contend with belligerent werewolves, magic-wielding vampires and--perhaps most frightening of all--humans. 

But as much as Sabina is focused on surviving the present, the past won't be ignored. Before she can save those she cares about most, she must save herself from the ghosts of her past.

My Review:

I have to start with how much I love Giguhl.  He is definitely flexible!  He adapts and makes friends wherever he goes.

In Green-eyed Demon, the powers increase.  Sabina finds new powers as well as discovers others with some pretty cool powers.  The question is, which powers will be able to overcome the others.

Sabina tries to be the savior of everyone and can't seem to get over that and be a team player.  She blames herself for everyone's circumstances and wants to fix them without screwing them up even more. 

I wasn't crazy about the new characters introduced, but no new friend compares to Giguhl.  He just takes the cake and I'm glad Sabina has him.  She also has Adam with her.  The secret she is keeping from him, just seems blown out of proportion.  I hope he feels the same way.  You just know he is going to find out, doesn't that always happen?

The final battle was awesome, and many lives will be changed forever.  I really enjoyed the way the fight scenes were written.  Just enough that I can get a good image in my head.  You are not going to believe the surprise with Maisie.  I was shocked.

If you haven't read any of this series and are an Urban Fantasy fan, I really think you will enjoy these books.  I would almost compare them to Kim Harrison's Rachel Morgan series, but Rachel was one my first Urban Fantasy reads, and I've  put them up on a pretty high pedestal.

I'm rating Green-Eyed Demon a 4 because the ending scenes just held so much shock and disbelief it overcame the fact that I really didn't care for the new characters.

Read:  For Fun
Genre:  Urban Fantasy
Challenge:  2013 Audiobook Challenge
Published:  March 1, 2011
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love to talk with my readers, please leave a comment so we can talk books!