Wednesday, July 17, 2013

15 Day Book Blogger Challenge Day 10



Just click the image above and that will take you over to Good Books and Good Wine to check out links to participating blogs.
 
Today's Challenge:
 
How do you choose what book you read next?
 
There is a long complicated process to choosing my next book. 
 
First I check my book clubs.  I have two, so I check the first meeting coming up.  If I haven't read any of them, I will go to Amazon and check them out.  I look for cost and if they have Whispersync.  Helps me get them read faster.  If I have already read at least one for that group or if I am just not digging the options, I will check the books for the other group.  I go through the same process for that group.
 
Then I check my review pile.  Whichever is the closest (or furthest released passed release date if I still haven't done it) comes first.  Sometimes, if the price is right, and I can get Whispersync, I will go ahead and buy the e-book, even if I was sent a review copy. 
 
Next step, if I'm good with all the above, is I will look to my faves that I have downloaded but have yet to read.  Especially those that are the next book in a series.  If I am all caught up in my series, I will choose my next series, and this is where it gets even trickier.  As is the predicament I am in right now, there are three series that I am going to be meeting the authors for at a convention in the fall.  I would really like to get those series read.  I just don't know which one to start first.  I have downloaded the first books in both series, and now I think it is going to be a flip of the coin, or drawing a straw or putting the names in a hat or something.
 
I'm sure I make this much more complicated than necessary, but I am a slow reader and I have to pick wisely!  Am I crazy or is this the way others pick?

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love to talk with my readers, please leave a comment so we can talk books!