Saturday, July 13, 2013

15 Day Book Blogger Challenge Day 6



Don't forget, you can still take part, just click the image above and that will take you over to Good Books and Good Wine to link up.

Day 6!

Describe how you shop for books

Book shopping for me normally stems from me finding people who have reviewed books I have read with similar ratings then I look at their other reviews.  This is something that I haven't been doing, but really need to, but I always look for star ratings on reviews.  If, say, someone rated Kresley Cole's books about the same as I did, I would look at their other reviews but only look at the star rating.  I have an aversion to reading reviews until after I have read the book.  Been burned by spoilers too often.

Most of my book shopping is online, so above is my main way to shop.  Now, put me in a physical book store and first I check out the main displays and bargain shelves.  Then I head to my favorite genre and find my favorite authors.  I start picking up books surrounding the ones I've already read, check out the synopsis and scan them into my phone to see how many average stars they have. 

Such a process!  It's a wonder I get any reading done at all! 

How do you shop for books? 

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love to talk with my readers, please leave a comment so we can talk books!