Tuesday, November 27, 2012

Review ~ Evil at Heart by Chelsea Cain

Goodreads Synopsis ~ Gretchen Lowell is still on the loose. These days, she’s more of a cause célèbre than a feared killer, thanks to sensationalist news coverage that has made her a star. Her face graces magazine covers weekly and there have been sightings of her around the world. Most shocking of all,Portland Herald reporter Susan Ward has uncovered a bizarre kind of fan club, which celebrates the number of days she’s been free.

Archie Sheridan hunted her for a decade, and after his last ploy to catch her went spectacularly wrong, remains hospitalized months later. When they last spoke, they entered a détente of sorts---Archie agreed not to kill himself if she agreed not to kill anyone else. But when a new body is found accompanied by Gretchen’s trademark heart, all bets are off and Archie is forced back into action. Has the Beauty Killer returned to her gruesome ways, or has the cult surrounding her created a whole new evil?

Chelsea Cain continues to deliver heart-stopping thrills and chills in the latest entry in this dynamic bestselling series.

My Review ~ We are back for more Gretchen and Archie!  Let's see if the agreement made between Gretchen and Archie will last.  Can people as effed up in the head as these two keep promises?  Speaking of people effed up in the head... what is up with the world today that we would idolize a psychopath?  I know this is book world, but I can see this happening!  A lot of people are fascinated by serial killers, but most do not buy the t-shirts!  

Anyway, since the synopsis above just seems to give away a lot, I'm scared to say much more.  We get some new characters introduced and I think we might just get someone new for Susan!  Although I think I've sort of got this dream relationship going on between Archie and Susan.

I didn't like public restrooms before, and now I'm even more determined not to use them.  You just never know what might be in them!  The thought of bugs is bad enough, my imagination did not need this bit of encouragement!

Chelsea Cain does not disappoint me, the book contained a great thriller with enough twists and turns to keep me riveted to my car.  Picture me sitting in my driveway with my book playing.

I have also learned a couple of things not related to this book.  I find it very difficult to review audiobooks, and I need to review while fresh, especially audiobooks where I cannot make notes in the books.  Lesson learned.



1 comment:

  1. I haven't read this one yet. It is on my Christmas list but it sounds like it was pretty darn good :)

    ReplyDelete

I love to talk with my readers, please leave a comment so we can talk books!