Sunday, November 18, 2012

Sunday Post Edition 4


The Sunday Post is a weekly meme hosted by Kimba the Caffeinated Book Reviewer. ~ It's a chance to share news~ A post to recap the past week on your blog, showcase books and things we have received and share news about what is coming up on our blog for the week ahead.

In Review~

Well this week was still a little sparse in the blogging aspect.  I did get my recap of Readers & Ritas posted, as well as my extremely long-winded rant about ICED by Karen Marie Moning.  I am going to work today to try and get some more reviews done so I can have a more fun-filled week.  Make sure to visit my posts from the week and leave your comments.  Man, I love comments! 
Upcoming~

This week I am reading Deep Kiss of Winter by Kresley Cole.  I am also listening to The Night Season by Chelsea Cain.  I think there is only one more book in the Chelsea Cain book.  Maybe there will be more Gretchen in the next one as Night Season hasn't had any of her so far.  I'm only about halfway through though so that could change.

I would like to finally get my review of Nightwatcher by Wendy Corsi Staub up this week.  I think I've been noodling the storyline long enough that I can talk about it sensibly.  I really envy all you other bloggers that can review without giving away too much of the story.  That is going to be hard with Nightwatcher since it is a thriller and there are so many twists and turns to the story that I am scared to give something away.

New Releases~

It is time once again for a new Stephanie Plum book, Notorious Nineteen by Janet Evanovich.  Release day is Tuesday (like most releases) November 20, 2012.  I know that some people have mentioned that this release has really gone on too long, but I love Stephanie and I always get such a great laugh out of the gang.  I have learned however, not to read Janet Evanovich while on the treadmill.  I am not very good at multi-tasking.  Walking and laughing will knock me on my ass, literally.  Make sure to pick it up this week.  Just click on my links and they will take you straight to Amazon to get it! 
Here is the Goodreads Synopsis:

New Jersey bounty hunter Stephanie Plum is certain of three truths: People don’t just vanish into thin air. Never anger old people. And don’t do what Tiki tells you to do. 

After a slow summer of chasing low-level skips for her cousin Vinnie’s bail bonds agency, Stephanie Plum finally lands an assignment that could put her checkbook back in the black. Geoffrey Cubbin, facing trial for embezzling millions from Trenton’s premier assisted-living facility, has mysteriously vanished from the hospital after an emergency appendectomy. Now it’s on Stephanie to track down the con man. Unfortunately, Cubbin has disappeared without a trace, a witness, or his money-hungry wife. Rumors are stirring that he must have had help with the daring escape . . . or that maybe he never made it out of his room alive. Since the hospital staff’s lips seem to be tighter than the security, and it’s hard for Stephanie to blend in to assisted living, Stephanie’s Grandma Mazur goes in undercover. But when a second felon goes missing from the same hospital, Stephanie is forced into working side by side with Trenton’s hottest cop, Joe Morelli, in order to crack the case.

The real problem is, no Cubbin also means no way to pay the rent. Desperate for money—or maybe just desperate—Stephanie accepts a secondary job guarding her secretive and mouthwatering mentor Ranger from a deadly Special Forces adversary. While Stephanie is notorious for finding trouble, she may have found a little more than she bargained for this time around. Then again—a little food poisoning, some threatening notes, and a bridesmaid’s dress with an excess of taffeta never killed anyone . . . or did they? If Stephanie Plum wants to bring in a paycheck, she’ll have to remember: No guts, no glory. . . 


So what is going on in your book world?  Do you have any great plans for the holiday?

5 comments:

  1. I Night Season looks good, nice haul this week! I haven't read any of Moning's books *facepalm* Good luck with your review writing today and have a great week! The Sunday Post

    ReplyDelete
  2. New follower! YAY for Notorious Nineteen! My sister collects that series and I borrow them from her. Shh...don't tell her, but I'm getting her this one for Christmas! :) Happy reading and happy thanksgiving!

    Check out my IMM & SP.

    Sandy @ Somewhere Only We Know

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love Kresley!! I still need to finish the series! I haven't read any Moning's books either, but I need to, soon! Enjoy!

    ReplyDelete

I love to talk with my readers, please leave a comment so we can talk books!