Thursday, April 25, 2013

Review ~ Twice Tempted by Jeaniene Frost

Dating the Prince of Darkness has its challenges...

Leila's psychic abilities have been failing her, and now she isn't sure what the future holds. If that weren't enough, her lover, Vlad, has been acting distant. Though Leila is a mere mortal, she's also a modern woman who refuses to accept the cold shoulder treatment forever–especially from the darkly handsome vampire who still won't admit that he loves her.

Like choosing between eternal love and a loveless eternity...

Soon circumstances send Leila back to the carnival circuit, where tragedy strikes. And when she finds herself in the crosshairs of a killer who may be closer than she realizes, Leila must decide who to trust– the fiery vampire who arouses her passions like no other or the tortured knight who longs to be more than a friend? With danger stalking her every step of the way, all it takes is one wrong move to damn her for eternity.
Oh my dear Vlad, you need some help in the love department, especially if the one you love is a human.  Although, I could also say that is part of your charm.  

Wouldn't it figure that as soon as Leila leaves Vlad's protection, the danger ramps up?  Now it is a matter of figuring out who her enemy is before she gets killed.  I would yell at Leila not to believe the lies she was being told.  I had faith and I wanted her to, too.

Vlad acts so cold.  I suppose he has to, being Vlad the Impaler.  But I really wished he would at least let Leila see something, anything from him.  I could see that he was trying, but it just wasn't what Leila was looking for.  My heart broke for him even though he showed nothing.  He just needed to get out of his own way.

"You should be afraid. Very afraid. Before, I told you if you wanted to end things between us, I would let you go, but, Leila"--his voice deepened--"I lied."

The string of bad guys was kind of surprising.  People that you wouldn't have expected were doing things to hurt Vlad and for different reasons.  I was so pissed at these people!  Just when you would think you had it all figured out, some other glitch would come up.  One of those glitches will change Leila forever.


Ok, I'm jumping up and down trying not to give away important details, so you all have to read this and then leave me comments so we can gush over Vlad.  I just loved this book so much and cannot wait until we see more of Vlad and Leila.  Of course, more Bones and Cat would be good too.  Cat does make a quick appearance in Twice Tempted, and the preview for the next Night Huntress has me so impatient.  I love the stories that Jeaniene Frost tells and just want them to keep going forever!

Obviously, after this rant you have probably figured out that I give this book 5 stars.  Definitely a must-read.  To make it even easier to take advantage of this awesome series, Amazon has the Kindle of Once Burned on for $1.99.  Grab it quick!






1 comment:

I love to talk with my readers, please leave a comment so we can talk books!