Friday, October 12, 2012

Dewey's 24-Hour Read-A-Thon




It's a memorable event guys, I'm doing my first read-a-thon!  This is the Dewey's 24-Hour Read-a-Thon.  It's starting in only a few mere hours, at 7am central time.  Earlier than I get up during the week, but  I'm so excited I think I can even manage doing that.  I will probably need to get really serious about my diet after the amount of snacks I have planned.  I will have to sneak in about 2 hours for grocery shopping tomorrow, but I have cleared everything else from the schedule so that I'm all set.  I have already started Kiss of a Demon King by Kresley Cole.  I'm about 4% in, but it is my first read for the day.  After that I have a few in the pile but I think I'm going to go with either Midnight Exposure by Melinda Leigh or Nightwatcher by Wendy Corsi Staub.  Those are two assigned books for book clubs so I would like to get them read as soon as I can.  I know that there are more Immortals After Dark to come after Kiss of a Demon King, and I don't know if I will be able to hold myself back from buying the next installment.  No.  I have to be firm and at least get Midnight Exposure read.  That book club meeting is this week and I haven't read the other selection either so I have to get up to speed.


I will be taking a few minutes here and there to update my progress here on my blog so make sure to stop by, see how I'm making out and leave a comment here and there with some encouragement.  I will also be making some quick stops along other participant's blogs to leave a little encouragement myself.  This is going to be a lot of fun!
Watch tomorrow morning for my opening post!  Happy Reading!

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love to talk with my readers, please leave a comment so we can talk books!