Tuesday, May 15, 2012

Review: Deadlocked by Charlaine Harris

In Deadlocked, book 12 of the Sookie Stackhouse series by Charlaine Harris, Felipe de Castro is in town.  The King of Louisiana, Arkansas and Nevada has arrived to get to the bottom of Victor's disappearance.  Having his King around really ties up Eric's time.  During a little social event hosted at the Sheriff's home, a body is found.  Not the kind of complication the vamps need at the moment.


***Be warned, may contain spoilers.  I try not to, but it happens sometimes when I start talking.  Never know when to shut up! ;)


We have so much going on in Sookie's world right now.  We have the murder, we have the King in town, we have strange goings on at the fairy club and Tara is about to have her babies and let us not forget about that little queen problem Eric is having.  Really though, despite all this stuff going on, you really don't connect to any of those things.  I found the plot lines are flat and short without any real emotion to them.  I really miss picking up a Sookie book and getting swept away.


You can't talk about a Sookie book without talking about Eric.  Sookie says she loves him, but there doesn't seem to be any flame behind it.  I am such an Eric & Sookie junkie, that Deadlocked just frustrated the hell out of me.  So close to the end of the series, it is not looking good for them.  I'm sorry, but I just don't feel any connection or passion between Sookie and Sam.  Buddies, bff's, whatever you want to call them, fine, they fit.  But in a romantic relationship?  No.  It's like Sookie is sitting back and taking the easy route instead of fighting for her man!  Get off your ass Sookie!


I always had a bad feeling about Claude.  I just put it off to his attitude.  Knowing he's hot and thinking he's better than everyone else.  Even after Claudette died, and he started staying at Sookie's house, I couldn't work up any pity towards him.  He's one sneaky dude.


All in all, I'm really disappointed with Deadlocked.  I so wanted to just get reeled back into the world and get excited about all the things going in Bon Temps and Shreveport, but I just couldn't.  I will definitely read the last book, but mainly more out of loyalty than anything.  



No comments:

Post a Comment

I love to talk with my readers, please leave a comment so we can talk books!