Monday, June 3, 2013

Review ~ Frost Burned by Patricia Briggs

Goodreads Synopsis ~ 
Mercy Thompson's life has undergone a seismic change. Becoming the mate of Adam Hauptman - the charismatic Alpha of the local werewolf pack - has made her a stepmother to his daughter Jesse, a relationship that brings moments of blissful normalcy to Mercy's life. But on the edges of humanity, a minor mishap on an ordinary day can turn into so much more. After an accident in bumper-to-bumper traffic, Mercy and Jesse can't reach Adam - or anyone else in the pack for that matter. They've all been abducted. Through their mating bond, all Mercy knows is that Adam is angry and in pain. Outclassed and on her own, Mercy may be forced to seek assistance from the most unlikely of allies: the vampire seethe.
My Review ~

Frost Burned is the seventh installment in Patricia Brigg's Mercy Thompson series. Mercy is pretty much on her on for this book.  Her mate has been taken and she must find him, all the while ensuring the safety of her stepdaughter.

Mercy has always been a favorite for me.  She is strong and is really able to look out for herself.  This is proven in Frost Burned as well.  Her mate abilities are growing but she needs to learn to harness them and put them to good use.

There is lots of good werewolf, shifter, vampire and even fae action in this book.  I did find the story dragged on a little and the final action scene at times didn't make sense to me.  I think if I had done a reread of the previous books, then I might not have had all the confusion during this scene.  I'm finding this with a lot of the longer running series that I am reading so maybe it has something to do with my memory!

Now that the link between Adam and Mercy is getting so much stronger and showing such interesting potential, I can't wait to see what obstacles they overcome next!

Read for ~ FUN!
Challenges ~ Audio Book Challenge 2013
Published ~ 03/05/13




No comments:

Post a Comment

I love to talk with my readers, please leave a comment so we can talk books!