Monday, February 11, 2013

Exciting weekend of books for me

Happy Monday my friends!  Is that even possible though?  A Monday being "happy"?  The weekend ended strong with the new season of The Walking Dead starting!  This show is so intense!

I received some goodies last week that I am so excited to share!  My VS of Lover Awakened!  I was so excited I almost stood at the end of the driveway waiting for the mail delivery.  My biggest problem with these virtual signings is the way they wrap the books.  They do such an amazing, beautiful job that I can't stand to open it!  With the little sticker with my name and then the sticker with "Z" on it.  Damn near killed me to open it, but I just could not stand the suspense of what could possibly be written inside!  I did fold up the wrapping and put in nicely in the cover of the book.  Doesn't display the best, but I couldn't bring myself to part with that wrapping!


Now let's look at all that cover goodness!


Thank God for these virtual signings, otherwise I don't think I would be able to have ANY signed Brotherhood books.  I absolutely adore my little collection of signed books.  I'm always looking for ways to display their beautiful covers.  Yes, I am obsessed.  So obsessed, in fact, that just last night I had a nightmare that while I was asleep, someone totally trashed my book collection and my J.R. Ward signed books were totally soaked in water!  I woke up screaming!

A lady I met at the Kim Harrison event last week told me that the used bookstore in my town sells the cover protectors, so I headed over there this weekend.  While there I took another look for some Sherrilyn Kenyon titles.  I was looking for hardcovers but grabbed a couple of paperbacks too.  I plan on getting them signed when she's in town this fall.  

The used bookstore here is amazing!  It is an old opera house in the square of our town.  There are so many levels and rooms!  I finally asked the employee there today where they would have Sherrilyn if there were any there (I couldn't find any last time I was in).  He directed us through this maze of rooms until we found one marked "Bestsellers".  No WONDER I didn't find it last time!  You would think they would have a "Bestsellers" room right at the front though...


So now I have all these new books to display!  I am going to surf around pinterest some and find a nice way to display them.  I like to have my favorite covers face out, but that takes a lot of room.  I would love to hear any nice book displays any of you all have used!  Leave some ideas or links to pics in my comments!


1 comment:

  1. You did have an awesome book weekend :) :) :)

    I am a little jelly of the VS copy. I totally missed that she was doing that :)

    ReplyDelete

I love to talk with my readers, please leave a comment so we can talk books!