Saturday, August 11, 2012

Review of Biting Cold by Choe Neill


Goodreads Synopsis:  Turned into a vampire against her will, twenty-eight-year-old Merit found her way into the dark circle of Chicago’s vampire underground, where she learned there was more to supernaturals than met the eye—and more supernaturals than the public ever imagined. And not all the secrets she learned were for sharing—among humans or inhumans.

Now Merit is on the hunt, charging across the stark American Midwest, tailing a rogue supernatural intent on stealing an ancient artifact that could unleash catastrophic evil on the world. But Merit is also the prey. An enemy of Chicagoland is hunting her, and he’ll stop at nothing to get the book for himself. No mercy allowed. No rules apply. No lives spared. The race is on. 


I have been looking forward to this book for a long, long time.  I even refrained from starting another book two days ahead of time in case I wouldn't be done in time to start this.  For anyone that knows me, that was a stressful time!

I love Merit.  She is a strong, yet relatable character.  Biting Cold puts her main relationships to the test.  Mallory has done some pretty bad things, the question is going to be, will it end their friendship for good.  It always sticks in my mind ***Spoiler Alert*** that Ethan's return was because of Mallory.  Yes, the intention was not the best, but the result was something that Merit could truly treasure, if the evil she's fighting would leave her alone for five freaking minutes!

Merit and Ethan are a couple that just seem so realistic and down to earth.  They are not the type of couple who just instantly fall madly in love.  They have the same fits and starts that most couples have and their love grows.  Just so much more realistic to me.

Biting Cold was a very fast paced ride.  We moved from action scene to action scene quickly and made the book seem way too fast.  I came to the end of the book feeling like I had run a race.  I was exhilarated!  I was ready for more!  If I didn't have another anxiously awaited new release sitting on my kindle, I think I would do a reread.  

I loved, loved, loved this book.  Five stars ALL the way.  I can't wait until House Rules and have been watching Amazon almost daily for the Kindle edition to go on pre-order.  You can pre-order the paperback already, though and you can do that right now from here, just click the covers.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love to talk with my readers, please leave a comment so we can talk books!