Sunday, April 29, 2012

Review - The Calling by Kelley Armstrong

I don't normally read YA.  I do have a couple of exceptions though.  Hunger Games of course was number one.  There was just way too much hype on that one.  When there are that many adult fans, I just had to see what it was all about.  Somehow, despite my love of the paranormal, I've been able to resist the whole Twilight phenomenon.  My first few paranormal series included Kim Harrison and Kelley Armstrong.  When  they each came out with  their YA series, loyalty to two of my favorite authors spurred me to read them.  


The most current book, The Calling by Kelley Armstrong was released this month.  This is the second in the Darkness Rising trilogy.  The relief of rescue dies as Maya and her friends find themselves in the woods of Vancouver Island. They battle man, nature and beast to try and get back home, but will there be any home to go back to?  


I really liked this book.  It was action non-stop. There weren't a lot of spots where I could sit back and relax for a minute knowing they were safe, it was one thing after another for them.  I raced to the end only to find no more pages to turn.  I flicked the screen a few times on my Fire, willing more of the story to be there, but alas, I had reached the end of this one.  Can't wait until the next one!



I just noticed that the Kindle version of The Gathering is on for $2.99!  Wow!  Click the link below and grab this deal.  Darkness Rising is a great Trilogy and you can't pass up that deal!

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love to talk with my readers, please leave a comment so we can talk books!